Friday, June 19, 2009

Kanye West - Voice of whose generation?

Ok, so let me just start this off with a few of Kanye's quotes and if they don't make you want to launch him into nothingness then you should be launched right along with him.

“We buy our way out of jail but we can't buy freedom,We buy a lot of clothes when we don't really need them, Things we buy to cover up what's inside.”

“I don't know whats better gettin laid or gettin paid.”

“...my music isn't just music- it's medicine.”

“Come on now! How could you be me and want to be someone else?”

"I realize that my place and position in history is that I will go down as the voice of this generation, of this decade, I will be the loudest voice, it's me settling into that position of just really accepting that it's one thing to say you want to do it and it's another thing to really end up being like Michael Jordan."

This is one of the most arrogant people I have ever heard of. He sure as hell isn't the voice of MY generation. He's the guy whose mouth you want to duct tape shut so you don't ever want to hear his voice again. I have to admit that he has some good songs but they sure as hell ain't the best. He's no Timbaland or Dr Dre when it comes to beats and he sure as hell isn't the lyricist that Tupac and Biggie were. He's just another rapper. This grown man threw a hissy fit because he didnt win awards that he thought he should. You can go on youtube and see a multitude of different tantrums he's had or search Kanye quotes on google. Sorry Kanye but your s*** does stink. Congratulations!! You are the first celebrity pig that I am launching into space.

1 comment: